School Engagement Task and Finish Group
The West Berkshire LSCB School Engagement Task and Finish Group, is responsible for co-ordinating a framework to support the development of relationships between Education establishments and the WB LSCB. The Task and Finish Group acts as a two way channel of communication between the WB LSCB and all types of education establishments in West Berkshire (primary, secondary, special, PRU and FE)
The objectives of the WB LSCB School Engagement Task and Finish Group are:
- Improve the welfare and safety of children and young people (through the communication of training audit processes and education improvement offer.)
- Provide assurance for establishments and the WB LSCB of the effectiveness of safeguarding arrangements and practice (through the s175, S157) audits process, external inspections and reviews).
- The WB LSCB is aware of key safeguarding issues and challenges faced by educational establishments
- Emerging safeguarding issues are communicated effectively to all educational establishments
- The School representatives challenge the WB LSCB and vice versa
- To liaise with other WB LSCB Sub- groups as appropriate.
- To ensure that Schools are engaged and productive in the WB LSCB Striving for Excellence priorities.
- Act a two way channel of communication between the WB LSCB and all types of education establishments in West Berkshire (primary, secondary, special, PRU and FE)
- Provide updates for the LSCB Board meetings.
The School Engagement Task and Finish Group Subgroup is chaired by the Deputy Head Teacher of
- Primary Head Teacher’s
- Secondary Head Teacher’s
- Independent School representative
- Health and Wellbeing in Schools Coordinator
- Head of Education Services, WBC
- Head of Service, Prevention and Building Community Resilience
- Principal Education Welfare Officer
This is statutory guidance from the Department for Education issued under Section 175, which all education establishments must adhere too